Fruity Sausage and Lentil Hotpot
1. Preheat your oven to 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large casserole over a medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, bay leaves and thyme and sweat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the second tablespoon of oil and then brown the sausages all over for 10 minutes or so. Add the browned sausages to the casserole.
4. Pour a little stock in to the frying pan and heat for a few minutes to soak up all the meat juices, then add this liquid to the casserole.
5. Now add the lentils, apricots and the rest of the stock. Make sure the liquid covers the ingredients. If not, just add a little water until it does.
6. Cook uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 and ½ hours, stirring once or twice in that time. Remove the bay leaves, season to taste and serve with a simple green salad and chunks of fresh gluten free bread.
2tbsp olive oil
2 onions, peeled and sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 sticks celery, sliced
2 bay leaves
1tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 pack debbie&andrew's Perfect Cumberland Pork Sausages
500ml chicken stock
150g puy lentils
200g dried apricots
Salt and pepper