Sausage, Kale & Bean Stew
With super healthy ingredients and a chilli kick, pack a nutritional punch and make life a bit easier! This hearty gluten free winter stew can be made a day or two in advance if you’ve a busy week ahead and only gets better with time.
1. Remove the skins from the sausages and cut into pieces. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. Blanche the butternut squash and kale.
3. Fry off the onions and garlic, then add the beans, water, stock and seasoning. Reduce by half to build up the flavour and then add the meat balls and bring to the boil
4. Blend in the butternut squash and kale.
5. To serve, place dish in the middle of the table and drizzle over sriracha sauce.
Top tip: Add a touch of cream for extra richness if you’re feeling decadent. Going Paleo? Don’t include the beans and make your own sriracha sauce using this recipe!
Recipe by Andy Bates
6 debbie&andrew’s Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages, skins removed, cut into pieces
1 small butternut squash or carrots, peeled and cut into 2-3cm chunks
2 tins cooked flageolet beans, drained and washed (any beans will work)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp oregano
1 medium onion, cut into chunks
900ml chicken stock
250-300g kale, stalks removed
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
Sriracha sauce to garnish (or chilli flakes if you prefer)