Stuffed Roast Peppers & Coriander Salsa
Dietary Key: E, NN, GF, DF, WF, C, S
Sweet roasted peppers provide the perfect home for a filling of rich caramelised onion sausages, suitably paired with a dressing of fresh coriander and toasty pine nuts.
Recipe created by Natural Chef, Ceri Jones.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (fan).
2. Split the peppers in half down the middle (through the stalk), remove all of the seeds and fibrous flesh and lay cut side up over a teaspoon of olive oil in an oven dish, roast for 15 minutes.
3. In a frying pan, fry the sausage meat in a teaspoon of olive oil. After three minutes, add the grated courgette to the pan, stir and continue to cook until the sausage meat is fully browned – 6-7 minutes in total.
4. Remove the filling from the pan, and drain in a sieve. Use a spoon to push out any excess liquid (a mix of sausage fat and water from the courgettes). Add the sultanas if using, plus the lemon zest and coriander. Stir well.
5. Remove the peppers from the oven. Stuff with all of the filling and roast in the oven for a final 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make the salsa. In a small food processor, blend the coriander with the rest of the ingredients, till a chunky paste forms.
7. When the peppers are ready, remove from the oven and drizzle with salsa and toasted pine nuts. Serve with green salad.
Top tip: Instead of peppers you could stuff aubergines or courgettes.
2 red bell peppers
4 debbie&andrew’s Caramelised Red Onion Sausages, removed from their casings
1 medium courgette, grated
1 tablespoon sultanas [optional]
Zest of half a lemon
1 tablespoon finely sliced coriander leaf
1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
25g coriander leaf
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon salt
Like it? Share it!
|E||No eggs are used in this recipe|
|LC||Low carbohydrate (Less than 20g of net carbs per portion)|
|NN||No tree-nuts or peanuts used in this recipe|
|P||Paleo although the sausages contain preservatives|