Farinata with Sausage, Red Onions, and Rosemary
Dietary Key: E, NN, GF, DF, WF, C, S
Recipe created by Natural Chef, Ceri Jones.
1. Mix the chickpea flour together with the salt and the water. Whisk well to form a smooth batter and leave at room temperature for 1-4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C (fan).
3. Close to the end of the soaking time, cook the sliced onions and a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan on a moderate heat until softened – approximately 12 minutes. Remove the onions from the pan and then fry the sausage meat till browned all over – approximately 4 minutes.
4. Take a deep sided baking pan about 22cm x 22cm, and pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place in the oven for 3 minutes to prepare the farinata for cooking. Remove the pan from the oven, and pour the batter into the hot pan, then evenly scatter the sausage, onions and rosemary. Carefully slide the tray back into the oven and cook for 15 minutes until browned on top and firm to the touch.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into serving slices.
Top tip: The farinata is easiest to slice up when it is fully cooled. Try adding different herbs or flavoured sausages for variety.
100g chickpea flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ red onion, thinly sliced
2 debbie&andrew’s Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages, removed from their casings and broken into small pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
Like it? Share it!
|E||No eggs are used in this recipe|
|LC||Low carbohydrate (Less than 20g of net carbs per portion)|
|NN||No tree-nuts or peanuts used in this recipe|
|P||Paleo although the sausages contain preservatives|