Gluten Free Sausage Kebab & Quinoa Salad
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Tip the pepper, squash & courgettes into a baking tray. Smother with salt, olive oil and paprika. Roast for 20 minutes.
3. Take out of oven and tip onion, garlic and hazelnuts into a roasting dish. Toss and roast for 20 mins, then cool.
4. Prepare quinoa according to the pack instructions.
5. In a bowl, mix zest, juice and 100ml oil. Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp from skins into the bowl, mash well and fold in the mint and parsley. Pour over the veg, then toss with the quinoa and hazelnuts, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. Thread the debbie&andrew's Caramelised Red Onion Sausages onto 4 skewers with the cooked butternut squash cubes, pepper and onion. Fry in a non stick fry pan in a little olive oil over a high heat until skewers are lovely and golden.
7. Serve the skewers over the quinoa salad and serve hot.
For the salad
½ a butternut squash, roughly chopped, deseeded
50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Zest and juice 1 lemon
1 bunch of mint, roughly chopped
1 bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
2 courgettes, thickly sliced
4 garlic cloves, leave skin on
For the kebabs
1 pack of debbie&andrew's Caramelised Red Onion Sausages, chopped into large chunks
½ a butternut squash, thickly cubed, boiled and drained (skin on)
1 red onion, thickly sliced
1 green and 1 red pepper, halved and deseeded and cut into big chunks
Like it? Share it!