Sausage Stuffed Aubergine
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and remove all the sausages from their skins. Put to one side in a large bowl.
2. Scoop out the flesh of the aubergine, then chop it and place it in a sieve over the sink. Sprinkle with a little salt and leave to drain.
3. Season the aubergine skins with salt and pepper and brush with a little olive oil. Set to one side.
4. Now heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook the sausage meat with the garlic until browned. Break up the meat as much as you can as you cook.
5. Squeeze as much moisture as you can from the aubergine and add to the pan. Add the parsley and plenty of seasoning. Pour in the wine and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Now remove from the heat and add the breadcrumbs and half the parmesan cheese.
7. Stuff this mixture into the aubergine skins and sprinkle the tops with the remaining parmesan cheese.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until tender and golden, then serve immediately with a spicy rocket or watercress salad.
1 aubergine, halved lengthways
Salt and pepper
125ml olive oil
1 pack debbie&andrew's Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
125ml white wine
240g fresh breadcrumbs (make with gluten free bread, if required)
50g grated parmesan cheese