1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, then slice the potatoes as thinly as you can –with a mandolin if you have one. Grease a shallow baking dish with a little of the butter.
2. Part-bake your sausages in a lightly oiled baking tray in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice during that time. Remove and put to one side. When cool enough to handle, slice in half lengthways.
3. Melt the remaining butter along with a little olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and garlic and sweat gently for 10 minutes.
4. Now layer the potato slices, sausage pieces and the onion mix in the greased dish, seasoning as you go.
5. Pour the chicken stock over the whole dish so that the contents are only just covered. Don’t use all the stock if you don’t need to.
6. Now cover the dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
1 pack debbie&andrew's Harrogate 97% Sausages
A large knob of butter
A drizzle of olive oil
2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1.5kg potatoes, peeled
1.5L hot chicken stock (gluten free)
Salt and pepper