Kale and Sausage Soup
1. Preheat your grill to its hottest setting, then grill the sausages for 20 minutes or so, until cooked through. Turn often to ensure even colouring. When cool enough to handle, cut into thick slices and put to one side.
2. Now heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and sweat until soft and golden. Stir in the garlic, cinnamon and allspice.
3. Add the carrots and red pepper to the pan, then stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, partially covered.
4. Add the kale to the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in the chickpeas and sausage slices, warm through, then serve with chunks of crusty bread and butter.
1 pack debbie&andrew’s Perfect Cumberland Sausages
1tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp ground allspice
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1L chicken stock
125g fresh curly kale, stems discarded and leaves roughly chopped
2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper