Paleo Sausage Muffin with Smashed Avocado
On a weekend, Paleo Polly loves nothing more than indulging in a hearty breakfast. This recipe is a completely stripped down, wholesome paleo version of a sausage muffin! It has all the flavour, but without any processed nasties!
1. Take two stainless steel 8cm cutters, and grease using olive oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, de-skin the sausages, season and mix.
3. On a plate, take the cutter and fill with the sausage meat.
4. Take a frying pan, add olive oil, and cook the sausage patty on a medium heat for around 4 minutes.
5. Flip over, cook on the other side for 4 mins - place the cutter around the meat again to retain the shape.
6. Wash and clean the cutter.
7. Take the eggs and crack into a bowl. Pierce the egg yolks with a fork.
8. In a non stick frying pan, heat some olive oil. Add the cutter to the pan. Once the olive oil is hot, pour in the egg.
9. Repeat this with the second egg. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Once the eggs are cooking add the water to the pan, reduce the heat and cover. Allow the eggs to steam for a couple of minutes.
11. Remove from the pan. Assemble the muffin by layering the sausage meat on top of the egg. Top with avocado, and add the eggy lid.
12. You can add Paleo Polly’s paleo ketchup for tomato sauce fans!
2 debbie&andrew’s Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages, de-skinned
2 large eggs
1 avocado, mashed with the juice of 1 lime
100ml of water