Bangers with Garlic, Chive & Cauliflower Mash
Everyone loves bangers & mash! This is a British favourite with a paleo twist. Rustled up in just under half an hour, this warming winter classic is perfect for those busy days when you fancy a hearty meal. By Paleo Polly!
1. In a pan, fry your sausages on a medium heat, turning regularly for around 20-25 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
2. Meanwhile, take your diced cauliflower and boil in a pan for 15-20 minutes until soft.
3. In a pan, fry the garlic in a splash of olive oil then set aside.
4. Drain the cauliflower of the water, save the water in a medium pan (to use for the gravy.)
5. Add the olive oil and garlic to the cauliflower pan and mash together, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and add the chopped chives, leaving a small amount to garnish.
6. Cover and set aside the mash pan.
7. In a separate pan, take your organic beef stock cube, add 250 ml of the cauliflower water, stir and then reduce, until the stock thickens. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar. Reduce further until a thick gravy.
8. Pour the gravy into the base of a serving plate.
9. Now add the garlic and chive mash.
10. Assemble sausages on top and garnish with fresh chives.
8-12 debbie&andrew’s Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages
1 medium cauliflower
Chopped 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 handful of fresh chives (diced)
1 organic beef stock cube