Sausage, Apple & Leek Pies
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a large heavy based saucepan over a medium high heat, fry off the leeks, sausages and apples in the olive oil and butter for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the flour and cook out for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the cider and reduce down to half. Add the stock, mustard and double cream and reduce until lovely and thick. Cool.
4. Divide your filling between 6 small pie dishes,
5. On a floured bench top, cut out 6 pieces of pastry just larger than the small pie dishes/cups. Lay over the top of the pie dishes, using a fork tightly press the edges.
6. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lovely and golden. Serve hot!
2 packs debbie&andrew’s Perfect Pork Sausages, chopped into chunks
1tbs olive oil
2 leeks, washed and sliced
2 green apples (Granny Smith or Bramley), cored and diced
250ml apple cider
2tbs plain flour (for a Gluten Free alternative, try Udi's All Purpose Flour Mix)
250ml chicken stock
100ml double cream
2tbs wholegrain mustard
1 egg - beaten
2 sheets of puff pastry (or Gluten Free alternative)
2tbs pumpkin seeds