The Full English
1. Preheat your grill to its highest setting and your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Put the sausages in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 25 minutes to roast. Shake the pan once or twice in that time. Turn the oven off but leave the pan of sausages in the oven.
3. Place the mushrooms and tomatoes under the grill and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove and add to the sausage pan in the cooling oven.
4. Now grill the bacon for 5 minutes, turning halfway. Add to the sausage pan in the oven.
5. Place a non-stick saucepan over a low heat. Melt 1 knob of butter in the pan, add the eggs, season to taste and stir to scramble. Remove the eggs from the heat.
6. Toast your bread and - while its toasting - take the tray out of the oven and arrange 2 sausages, 2 mushrooms, 2 tomato halves and 2 rashers of bacon on each plate. Butter your toast – 1 slice each - and top with scrambled egg. And don’t forget the teapot too!