Introducing debbie & andrew’s sizzlingly brilliant new sausages in Asda!
Two new sausages from debbie & andrew’s are the perfect excuse to get sizzling! Look out for the new Pork, Black Pudding and Apple sausage alongside the new Pork and Spring Onion variety. These fabulous new flavours are still made the debbie & andrew’s way, only using quality meat cuts from British farms, mixed with great ingredients to deliver the taste of the countryside! With these sausages, the coldest wettest day can be enjoyed – what better excuse to sit down to a delicious sausage supper?
Pork, Black Pudding & Apple Sausages
debbie & andrew’s fans say that they really like sausages that have a regional or seasonal connection. So debbie & andrew’s new Pork, Black Pudding and Apple Sausage ticks all the boxes. Inspired by autumn harvests, this sausage has a hearty taste that’s just right for the long cold days of winter. Just in time for Bonfire Night and Harvest Festival, this uniquely flavoured sausage is a subtle mixture of succulent pork and rich black pudding with perceptible bursts of apple. The tasting panel felt it was a ‘harvest celebration in a sausage’.
Pork and Spring Onion Sausages
This simple but classic combination becomes outstanding because debbie & andrew’s rule is to only use quality meat cuts combined with only the best ingredients. So the pork is British farmed and the spring onions are of the sweetest variety. As a result these succulent sausages spring a subtle but mouth-watering surprise with every bite. debbie & andrew’s tasting panel said that it ‘delivers on meatiness but with a real taste of sweet spring onion’.
debbie & andrew’s promise no short cuts, no cheat ingredients, no long supply chains, just great meat, simply minced and mixed with the best ingredients to deliver real flavour. The idea is to deliver great tasting food made with a real countryside flavour. Real country food reflects the passing of the seasons as well as regional food histories and harvests traditional to where livestock farms are based. These new sausages are both inspired by harvests from the garden and the Autumn orchard.
debbie & andrew’s is always searching for the best sausage and mash recipe – ideas are always welcome - but for now we really like the following recipe – the sausages are easy, it is getting a really melting mash that counts!
Bangers and Mustard Mash
Prep Time - 10 minutes, Cooking Time - 20 minutes Serves 8
- 8 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 packs debbie & andrew’s Harrogate 97% Sausages
- 1 tbsp butter
- A splash of milk
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard – or to taste
- Salt and pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over a medium heat, cook the sausages for 20 minutes or so until thoroughly cooked through and evenly browned. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Drain the potatoes and mash with the butter and the milk. Continue mashing, or beat with an electric mixer, until smooth. Stir in the wholegrain mustard then season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more butter or more mustard to your liking.
4. Serve immediately with buttered greens or spinach.